Temper, meet brick wall.....

Friday, October 2, 2015

Changes - they are a coming...

Hi gang,

I hope you are well. I know I don't blog here much and I really should. But lately, life has been throwing me some curve balls that I can't seem to hit.  I don't want to bore you with all the gory details but needless to say I've had to cut down on most things and ramp up others.  As you may have noticed I got rid of my website. It was costing a little too much for me to maintain. But, I found another way to have a website. I think it looks way better than the old one.

I am still writing. I think that is the one thing keeping me from going completely batso.  Most of you know because of that binge of writing I have three stories coming in 2016 so far. Country Soul (Dreamspinner Press), SHIVERS 3: Koi (PRIDE), and intoXication: So Into You (PRIDE).

2015 marks the year I finally wrote an all African American story. I was a little nervous about it but Loose Id took a chance on it, gave it a spank-tastic cover and we put it out there. You guys have made it a best seller all over the place. I don't remember a time when I felt so humbled and blessed and all gushie so thank you for that. It was a wonderful surprise after the crappy year I've had. Mathew and Asher are very dear to me. These characters told their story in a way I haven't felt before so it was great to see the reactions to it. I'm thinking of doing this a little more often but not too, too often because I love me some interracial reads.

The end of the year is coming and while there are certain things I wished were different at this juncture of 2015, they aren't. Usually, after nanowrimo I stop writing for December and pick it up again in January. That tradition will remain in tact. I feel after the year I've had I really deserve a break--specially since I'll be working seven days a week starting October 26th until the middle of December. I need a bit of a break to just breath, re-group and hammer out some stuff in my life. There are many decisions I have to make--most of them heartbreaking to say the least. But, in order to grow they must be done.  Honestly, I'm not looking forward to 2016. My fear is that it will be more of the same though there is a tiny part of me that thinks it has to be better than it was in 2015. That tiny part has to get louder I know. It has to get so loud that it drowns out the rest of all the crap in life.

In the mean time, I will continue the rewrites on all the stories that were pulled down due to the closure of a couple of publishing houses and try finding new homes for them. As well, I will finish up the stories I started this year and start on intoXication 2:Faded Into You and after that we'll see what happens.

Now before I go, I have to say this. Life is short, but we have to make use of all of it. It's not the big things that matters as much but the small moments. I hope you are all well, and that you know that smiling is better than frowning. I hope you are loved--truly, truly loved and when you hug someone, you do it in a way to make them feel as if they are worth something.

Hugs,
Remmy Duchene



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now at Dreamspinner Press

Now at Dreamspinner Press
"This story is about two grown ass gay men that each have a little doubt for one reason or another if their relationship will work. The story is conveyed well and kept completely on the adult playing field, I loved it! When these two get going in the bedroom it is passionate and sensual."--TSM