Temper, meet brick wall.....

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Finally Finished a Novel!!

Hey Everyone,

Well about last year, I began a novel with another m/m writer. We went in so far then that person just seemed to drift away. With my anger still in tact I became friends with
John Simpson and we started talking. I told him what had happened and he took a look at what we had and told me that it had promise. I was shocked. THE John Simpson thought something that I wrote (with someone else) had promise! I am still dumbfounded over that. Anyways, he suggested that if I wanted we could try and write something. I flailed before my computer, squealed then told him yes!

So we began writing - we were only going to try for a novella but what came out with a novel! We would have finished it sooner but I had a death in the family and had to go away for a while and some other stuff but it's finished now. "The Orchid Murder" is complete and going through the final stages of edits to be submitted to our publisher! Here's the blurb:

Title: The Orchid Murders
Author: Remmy Duchene & Shawn Maxwell
Genre: M/M, Erotic, Interracial, Murder Mystery
Length: Novel
Status: Final edits before Submission

Anderson Williams is a Literature Professor at NYU and he has the perfect life - loving and understanding father, wonderful friends, great students. Then suddenly all that is turned upsided down when his father gets mudered and a sexy but annoying cop - Sam Morgan- waltzes into his life.

Sam Morgan is after a murderer, plain and simply- not love, not Anderson's tantrum. But as one murder leads to another he finds he is spending more and more time with Anderson. The professor begins to seep beneath his skin and Sam knows he cannot allow that. He had to stop this killer and get out without losing his life or his heart.

So that's what we have gotten out. Its a lovely story that I enjoyed writing with John very much. He made writing with someone else easy and fun to do. I actually wanted to write with him.

Anyways Saddle Up N Ride has been getting some great reviews. The one downside was that people keep telling me that it was too short. Sorry about that but I was going through some stuff and short stuff was all I could manage and besides, I write underneath another name so two names to juggle. Anways, I am off to write The Red Violin next. It was supposed to be the one coming next before but had to put it off to write The Orchid Murders. You can find our first trailer coming soon on youtube!

Ta ta!
Remmy D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now at Dreamspinner Press

Now at Dreamspinner Press
"This story is about two grown ass gay men that each have a little doubt for one reason or another if their relationship will work. The story is conveyed well and kept completely on the adult playing field, I loved it! When these two get going in the bedroom it is passionate and sensual."--TSM