Temper, meet brick wall.....

Saturday, September 29, 2012

J.K Rowling did WHAT?

When JK Rowling finished the Harry Potter series, it didn't really affect me. Why not? I stopped reading HP after Prisoner of Azkaban. I tried reading the books after that but I just couldn't get my mind into it because she'd killed off one of my favorite characters by then.  Okay, but forget about that life moves on.

A few days ago I was watching ET Canada just casually while I did the dishes and heard them talking about her. I stopped, grabbed a kitchen towel and while I stared bleakly at the screen. They were saying she had a new book called Casual Vacancy.

I'm sorry...whaaaaa??

I never knew she had a new book.  I was all gun-ho to read this book until I heard what everyone I spoke to about it were saying. At first I thought was, "here we go! Everyone is going to be comparing this book to Harry Potter."

I was right. Everyone who read the book so far and reviewed it publicly has the words "Harry" and "Potter" there.  I mean serious? You dopes can't make the leap from HP to the new stuff? It's ont the same!

Then I started really reading more views and they are bad--am talking just horrid reviews. But I still thoguht, "Meh, you people are all just jealous."

More bad reviews.

I thought. "Meh. She can't write to please everyone."

More bad reviews.

"Erm... come on people. This book is for adults! Not children! It's not Harry Potter."

More bad reviews.

"Well...this will not do."

More bad reviews.

"Maybe I should read it to see how bad it is."

I'm not sure what happened to JK Rowling between the time she finished the last HP book and the ending of this new book. Apparently she cusses like a pirate, make obscene, unnecessary sexual content and the book needs a dictionary beside you to read. Don't believe me? Go to Amazon. There are TONS of reviews for this book already and a good 90% of them are bad.

So here's what I'm going to do - I'm going to head over to my library. I'm going to snag a copy of it, and I'm going to read it then make up my own mind. I mean, how bad could it be?

Hugs,
Remmy Duchene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now at Dreamspinner Press

Now at Dreamspinner Press
"This story is about two grown ass gay men that each have a little doubt for one reason or another if their relationship will work. The story is conveyed well and kept completely on the adult playing field, I loved it! When these two get going in the bedroom it is passionate and sensual."--TSM