Temper, meet brick wall.....

Thursday, February 7, 2013

LOVE is LOVE: Margie Church


I thought it fitting to be writing this post today, on President Obama's inauguration day. Despite your political affiliations, I have appreciated the way he's trying to support the gay community. In his inaugural address, he said, "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law. For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well." This is the first time an American president has mentioned gay rights in an address such as this – truly historical.

In my state, the amendment to define marriage as between one man and one woman failed on the November ballot. Many Minnesotans still have their yard signs out. Mine was stolen, but that didn't deter me from speaking out and voting for what is right.

I'm not gay. I'm not in the closet. My best friend isn't gay, nor are any of my siblings. Becoming an author has opened my eyes to a lot of people, lifestyles, habits, and possibilities I never was exposed to before. My life is richer for these experiences. I don't understand some of what I've seen and read about, but I think that's okay. Tolerance is a pretty good thing to have in this world. With tolerance comes the ability to understand another's perspectives and needs. Hopefully acceptance.

I imagine that there are some reading along who are tired of waiting for meaningful change, the negative reactions, and challenges they are facing. I'm sure I would be, too.  Perhaps you can take comfort in knowing I'm one more person who is now on your side, doing what she can to help, even it doesn't seem like much. And I'm writing books that celebrate the love gay people share. Not because it's the hot genre, but because it's a worthy subject that inspires me.

I'd like to share one of my recent releases with you – Executive Decision. It's a short story I wrote for Decedent Publishing last summer. The theme of this story is guided by homophobia and its real impact on my couple, Hunter and Logan. A few pals at FetLife helped me with some of the more adventurous scenes, and I hope you'll enjoy the tale.

Executive Decision (1Night Stand Series) by Margie Church

Having daredevil sex is a powerful aphrodisiac for Logan Carlyle. He’s viewed as the leader on the sales force, but in bed he’s a submissive all the way.

Hunter James is just as adventurous as Logan. He’s lower in the sales ranks, but he’s the top when it comes to his relationship with Logan.

When Logan’s thrill-seeking desire creates chaos with their careers and severs their relationship, Madame Evangeline’s expertise is required.


Executive Decision isn't my only gay romance. Hard as Teak (2011 GLBT Book of the Year) and its sequel Krewe Daddy are excellent choices if you enjoy full novels.


To learn more about Margie, visit her website: www.R

2 comments:

  1. 'For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.' You think it would be that simple! Wonderful post and your books sound yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dianne! I wish it were. We were discussing the subject of gay marriages in class today. I think Generation Y will get it done for us. Hope you like the book.

    ReplyDelete

Now at Dreamspinner Press

Now at Dreamspinner Press
"This story is about two grown ass gay men that each have a little doubt for one reason or another if their relationship will work. The story is conveyed well and kept completely on the adult playing field, I loved it! When these two get going in the bedroom it is passionate and sensual."--TSM