Temper, meet brick wall.....

Friday, February 8, 2013

LOVE is LOVE: DN Simmons


Hello,

My name is D.N. Simmons  and I’m very happy to have this opportunity to
promote equality and tolerance for the GLBT community.

Here’s a quote I receive often from reviewers and readers alike regarding
my series that makes me ecstatic:

“I’ve never read an urban-fantasy with gay or bisexual characters.”

I view that as a great accomplishment because the main basis for my series
the “Knights of the Darkness Chronicles” is to promote equality and
tolerance for people of different cultures, races and sexualities. So
often, in this society, people who are different are omitted or shut
completely out of mainstream literature. I do believe the Knights of the
Darkness Chronicles is the first urban-fantasy series that features
straight, gay and bisexual characters all on equal ground, as well as
mixed cultures and races.  I wanted my series to reflect the world we all
live in where it’s not all one race or one sexuality. I wanted to create a
series where anyone who picked up the book and began reading could find a
character(s) to relate to and fall in love with.

Within the pages of the KOTDC, race and sexuality are never an issue, the
metaphor for these differences is addressed solely in what species you
are. Vampire, human or shifter. I enjoyed creating a lot of drama and
obstacles for my characters to endure all the while forming relationships
that bloom into friendships or something much more sensual and
pleasurable. Every character gets the same equal treatment. Straight sex
scenes are just as sensational and erotic as gay or bisexual sex scenes.
Gay characters are just as prominent, powerful and intelligent as my
straight and bisexual characters.  I felt it was extremely important to
bring this platform to the literary world of Urban Fantasy. I wanted to
introduce readers to a new style of storytelling where there isn’t just
one main character or couple, but simply “characters” . The story revolves
around them and you never know what’s going to happen next. The Knights of
the Darkness Chronicles is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat and a
huge smile on your face.

Love,
D.N.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing book, D. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Now at Dreamspinner Press

Now at Dreamspinner Press
"This story is about two grown ass gay men that each have a little doubt for one reason or another if their relationship will work. The story is conveyed well and kept completely on the adult playing field, I loved it! When these two get going in the bedroom it is passionate and sensual."--TSM