Now that the Christmas cookies are gone, gifts unwrapped, and your holiday visitors have left, you’ve earned some well-deserved TLC. Evernight authors not only have the cure for your holiday hangover, they have fantastic new books for your 2015 reading list, too!
Be sure to visit every stop on the hop and answer each question. The more you blogs you hop, the more chances to win the GRAND PRIZE of an iPad Mini sponsored by Evernight Publishing (one entry per blog). Plus, hop each blog for a host of other fabulous prizes.
So sink into your favorite chair and enjoy your holiday hangover!You know what's funny? I've never had any kind of hangover before. I don't drink much--I'll have a blue zen or an electric Popsicle now and then or even a couple of beers from time to time but nothing to get drunk on. Then it comes a shock that I'd even agree to be a part of this blog hop. But, here I am anyway.
During the holidays there were more people than usual in the house. My sister and her four children descended on the joint and it was insane. First of all everything was non-stop. And while I adore my sister and is in complete love with my nieces and nephews, they get to be too much at times. My house is fairly quiet and the neighborhood is also quiet so when they came it was like my bubble popped and the world invaded.
From one screaming, "Auntie he's breathing on me!" To them screaming at each other from the top of the stairs, to them running a mock in Wal-mart as we went boxing day shopping to "are we there yet?" while we were walking to said Wal-mart--it was a mad house.
Here are some tips for de-stressing after the family invasion is over:
- Clean the house from top to bottom - no matter how much they packed before they leave, chances are they will leave something behind and you must find it, report it and put it away for safe keeping. So while you're doing this, save yourself some time and just clean.
- Get a nice glass of wine (For you Caribbean folks, Sorrel and for everyone else, Spiked Eggnog (psst, I suggest white rum), or tequila).
- Grab your kindle (or for those who love your paperback, snag one).
- Fill your bath-tub with water and your favorite bubble bath - now for me, it's Japanese Cherry Blossoms from Bath and Body - but might I suggest lavender, it calms you.
- Make sure you have your favorite soft rock (love songs like Luther Vondross, Gerald Levert, old school Mary J Blige, a little new school Sam Smith) with you.
- Lock yourself in, strip naked and slip into this warm, bubbly water up to your neck.
Yes, reading in the tub with your favorite music playing softly in the background, your favorite drink at hand and a hot book? What beats that for some peace and quiet and a way to recharge the batteries that were run dry with your family all up in your space? That is how I recharge after the holiday.
Now for some fun!
Now for some fun!
Enter for a chance to win Evernight’s GRAND PRIZE of an iPad Mini and my blog prize (An ebook copy of any of my Evernight releases) by answering this question (be sure to include your email address to be eligible to win): My question to you is this - if you could find a way to de-stress after the family is gone, what would that be?
Please be sure to continue on the hop by clicking any of my fellow Evernighters below! Thanks again for stopping by and from me, Mantasy, my family to yours, Bonne année!