Temper, meet brick wall.....

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Good News! And updates!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday!

Well it would be awesome because outside is beautiful, the sun is out but I am stuck inside with aching feet and work.

But, I promised you good news, didn't I? Before I get to it, let me start by saying this.  2013 started out a little slow for me, writing wise and everything else, but especially writing. I had a horrible case of writer's block which probably stemmed from the fact I had so much on my mind. Normally by this time in the year I would have had a few things released and on the go.

So far I have THIS IS LOVE (co written with Allison Cassatta) coming soon to Dreamspinner


Press
. And one other, currently titled TRUST & Ctrl that I just signed a contract for a couple of days ago.

A while back I started writing Trust & Ctrl (Trust and Control) and its being boxed around quite a bit. It went from a short story of about 7K to a novella at 23+. But the additions were necessary for it to be fleshed out so that it makes more sense and be a little bit more believable.

Anyways, I submitted it and it was accepted by Breathless Press! I signed the contract a couple of days ago and now I feel so happy.  The story has to go through a title overhaul and I'm still trying to come up with a title. We'll see what I come up with.

I have a few things I'm working on right now including mad research for a spy thriller called TRIGGER. It's about an ex-hacker from Toronto whose best friend was killed in a sleezy hotel in Madrid. It's going to take me a while to write because this is a lot of research since I've never been to Madrid. But I'm hoping I can pull this off. It's bigger than anything I've ever written so I'm not too sure how that's going to work.

I have two stories, FALLING SLOWLY and THE FIREMAN'S MAN. Falling Slowly is about a Vice Cop who must seek out a stripper because of the cop's father. I had fun writing it.

The Fireman's Man is my baby. Why? Because this is the first time I've ever written a regular man. Not a muscular hottie but a hottie in other ways. He's a wanna-be writer who used to be an architect and just trying to come to terms with a rather large addition to his life. There there's the sexy but scarred Firefighter who is looking to hide from the world.

Then there is another story that I wrote with Allison Cassatta. We're still working like mad on edits and all that good stuff so we don't know when it will be out or where yet. It's going to be very sexy, very sweet, very fun.

Now I'm writing with my friend Zazo Ponndurai. We're working on a series of shorts called "633 Falcon Drive." The first story THE TIGER UPSTAIRS is being written right now but I had to stop because of exams.



It's going to be a busy end of year and beginning of next year. I am going to try and not over do it take it one story...er two stories..wait...three, three stories at a time.

Hugs,
Remmy Duchene


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now at Dreamspinner Press

Now at Dreamspinner Press
"This story is about two grown ass gay men that each have a little doubt for one reason or another if their relationship will work. The story is conveyed well and kept completely on the adult playing field, I loved it! When these two get going in the bedroom it is passionate and sensual."--TSM